Search
Google
Developer's Blog

Saltair, UT, USAOriginally, our goal was to build a Channel Tunnel between Hungary and the US. ...Ya know,
pick and shovel, keyboard and mouse…

Then we figured, Well, why not a tunnel under all seven seas?

Come take a peek

Advertise with Us!

Tisza Lodge Tiszaderzs

Puszta.com = serving foreign visitors to Hungary
English content --> Your Ad
+

Photo Gallery

Welcome to the Puszta.com photo gallery, a continually updated collection of photo contest entries and our personal and visitor photographs.

Come and see the thousand faces of Hungary and the Hungarian culture

Developer's Blog 04/08/2007

Previous entry

August 4, 2007

July in Retrospect

At the end of June, we set up separate statistics for the three languages of Puszta.com to be able to track how each of them fares, and to be able to follow the audience’s tendencies and expectations. One thing that became obvious right away is that a significant number of visitors to the English pages come from Budapest; therefore we need to expand our scope to include catering to the needs of the expats in Hungary. And this is why we started stretching our “boundaries” – the Puszta/Great Plains region – to cover some of the events and services in Budapest, and to write about the Zsolnay porcelain factory in Pecs, for example.

puszta.com/eng -- July 2007

Stumbling blocks

Oddly enough, I found that some companies and businesses are simply not interested in being written about, marketed, and advertised through the Internet. I’m talking about free service to Them here!

I’ve approached a number of them last month (I will not list names for now), and said something like, “Listen, visitors to our website inquired about your products and services. I didn’t find relevant information on your homepage, so could you give me some data on the matter, so that I may write an English article about them?” More often than not, the response was dead silence. They don’t give a damn.

It boggles my mind.

Comment  

Next