Search
Google
Developer's Blog

Saltair, UT, USAOriginally, our goal was to build a Channel Tunnel between Hungary and the US. ...Ya know,
pick and shovel, keyboard and mouse…

Then we figured, Well, why not a tunnel under all seven seas?

Come take a peek

Advertise with Us!

Tisza Lodge Tiszaderzs

Puszta.com = serving foreign visitors to Hungary
English content --> Your Ad
+

Photo Gallery

Welcome to the Puszta.com photo gallery, a continually updated collection of photo contest entries and our personal and visitor photographs.

Come and see the thousand faces of Hungary and the Hungarian culture

Developer's Blog 14/06/2007

Previous entry

June 14, 2007

Eosine and Pyrogranite

Let’s repeat that one more time: Eosine and Pyrogranite. What in the world are those?
I’ll be honest here: until 5.30 this morning, I didn’t have a clue.

…But I certainly do now that I churned out two articles having to do with the Zsolnay Ceramics Factory and its products. You’ll also notice that I totally fell for the stuff and spread little bits of it all over the English pages of Puszta.com.

SO what are they, then?

Eosine
– an exotic and prized, highly durable, mother-of-pearl, 'reflective-metallic', iridescent glaze developed and used in the Zsolnay factory.

Pyrogranite
– an extremely compact, high-fire, frost resistant ceramic used for beautifully decorated roofing tiles, building façade ornaments, and architectural sculpture.

Read all about them, find out where you could see some of them, and learn how, where, and when you would have the opportunity to make your own Zsolnay ware and take it home:

Ornamented Palace

Open House at the Zsolnay Factory

Image source: Klugex Inc.

Comment  

Next