Search
Google
Developer's Blog

Saltair, UT, USAOriginally, our goal was to build a Channel Tunnel between Hungary and the US. ...Ya know,
pick and shovel, keyboard and mouse…

Then we figured, Well, why not a tunnel under all seven seas?

Come take a peek

Advertise with Us!

Tisza Lodge Tiszaderzs

Puszta.com = serving foreign visitors to Hungary
English content --> Your Ad
+

Photo Gallery

Welcome to the Puszta.com photo gallery, a continually updated collection of photo contest entries and our personal and visitor photographs.

Come and see the thousand faces of Hungary and the Hungarian culture

Developer's Blog 07/06/2007

Previous entry

June 7, 2007

Crunching Numbers

I was reading the news this morning, and this one article caught my eye. One of the tourism portals came out with a press release about the success of their recent ad campaign. As a result of placing banner ads on strategic places and publishing a number of articles that lead to their webpage, they generated 10,000 clicks; a 20% growth in visitor numbers, and a 27% growth in pageviews, compared to the previous month.

And that made me think of us, new kids on the block. We technically launched Puszta.com on March 19. Between April 5 and May 5 we had 804 visitors and 2,760 pageviews. Between May 6 and June 6 those numbers grew to 4,898 visitors and 10,777 pageviews.

Tell me if I’m wrong, but that looks like a 609% growth in visitor numbers, and a 390% growth in pageviews.
The ratio may not be optimal, but consider this: we had NO ad campaign! …And we can’t really have one while we are still under construction.

…So I think I’m gonna give the Team a pat on the shoulder when we meet next time.
…And most likely I’m going to give myself one as well. ;-)

As for you, dear readers, I thought of you too, and I’ve posted a new article on Kecskemet’s Main Square.
Cute pics too; take a look.

THIS JUST IN!

Bismarck
and Minneapolis nearly did it! What a fantastic race! ...And something is telling me that tomorrow I may have to hand over the prize.

Illustration source: Google Analytics

Comment  

Next