A delicious drink to get your sugar fix from.
Ingredients for about 2.5 liters
600 g rose petals
1 liter water
2000 g (2 kg) sugar
15-20 g citric acid
: 1 hour +
Wash the fresh rose petals and clean the bottles you fill the rose syrup in.
Pour 1 liter water in a saucepan, add the rose petals and boil for 5 minutes, or until rose petals turn white. Filter the petals, squeeze thoroughly – do not leave any water in them. Add the sugar to the water and boil – stirring occasionally – until sugar melted. Now add citric acid to taste, and fill the bottles, while the syrup is still hot. Close the bottles and put them in a warm place – under blankets. After 2-3 days you can use the syrup.
Store in a cold place.
The way we use it
Add 8 part water to 1 part syrup, or to taste.
- Use only sweet, pink rose petals.
- Do not collect the roses from the roadside, or from a rose farm/nursery.
- Do not use sick or sprayed flowers.
- Do not boil the syrup too long or too many times, because it looses its taste.
- You can add 1.5 g preservative to 1 liter syrup.
- For brighter color add red food coloring.