Advertise with Us!

Tisza Lodge Tiszaderzs = serving foreign visitors to Hungary
English content --> Your Ad

Passports and visas

US citizens - Passport, onward/return ticket, and proof of sufficient funds required.  Visa not required for stay of up to 90 days
HIV test required for persons staying longer than 1 year. 

For longer stays and employment, visas must be obtained before you travel.  Submit a passport with minimum validity of six months, signed visa application form, 1 passport photo, and pay a $60-$90 fee, depending on visa type.  Proof of means of transportation, lodging arrangement, and financial means is also required.  For more information, check with the

Embassy of the Republic of Hungary
3910 Shoemaker St., NW
Washington, DC 20008 (202/362-6730)

Or the nearest Consulate General:
New York (212/752-0661) or
Los Angeles (310/473-9344). 


More information from the Embassy of Hungary, Washington, D.C., Consular Affairs pages.

EU citizens
- EU citizens can travel to Hungary without a visa, however they will need a valid passport (citizens of Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Norway, and the United Kingdom) or ID card.

Visa not required for the citizens of Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, and the US.

Holders of diplomatic or service passports from the following countries are partially exempt from visa requirements: South Africa, China, and Russia.