Address: 4026 Debrecen, Piac u. 11-15.
Come and stay at the place where famous Hungarian leaders such as Istvan Szechenyi, Ferenc Deak, Miklos Wesselenyi and Zsigmond Moricz rested their heads when in Debrecen.
(Golden Bull Hotel), one of the largest and most well known hotels in Debrecen is a large building with ornate white pillars on Piac utca
(Market Street), next to the Reformed Cathedral
. The city purchased the property with a small stone house
on it from the Bika family in 1690, in 1699 they converted it into an inn, and they added a second floor on it in 1799
. The building’s facade had an iron sign plated with brass, with a hooking bull on it, and this was the inspiration for the name of the old cottage turned into the famous Hotel Aranybika
The present Art Nouveau building was constructed in 1915
according to the design of Alfred Hajos, Hungary’s first Olympic Champion. The hotel had famous Hungarian leaders such as Istvan Szechenyi, Ferenc Deak, Miklos Wesselenyi and Zsigmond Moricz among its guests. One of the largest chiming fountains of Hungary can be found next to the Hotel.
Civis Grand Hotel Aranybika**** has 205 rooms
- Rooms with twin beds: 131
- Rooms with double beds: 48
- Studios: 10
- Apartment (for 2-6 people): 12
- Suites: 4
- Bathroom with bath or shower, direct dial telephone, mini-bar, color TV with satellite programs, balcony (partial).
- Connecting rooms, non-smoking rooms and air-conditioned rooms (50) are available.
- Extra bed is available on request.
- The Aranybika restaurant (Glass Hall) offers international and Hungarian cuisine.
- Vegetarian and diet menu options are also available.
- Aranybika Club restaurant, Gösser pub with open-air terrace (250 m2) open throughout the summer in the middle of the beautiful pedestrian precinct.
- Genius Cafe-Bar.
Flower Festival Promotional Offer
Between August 18 and 21, 2007, Civis Grand Hotel Aranybika****
welcomes guests from the price of
31 350 HUF/person/3 nights
- 3 nights with continental + Wellness Corner breakfast
- Use of the Aranybika Wellness Centrum (pool, jacuzzi, sauna, infra cabin, steam- and aroma cabin, fitness center)
- Free help with scheduling programs
Offer available upon previous arrangements with the Hotel.
Debrecen Flower Festival: Summer Bloom 2007
One of Hungary's best known and Debrecen's most significant festival
, the Debrecen Flower Festival is a one-week fiesta
, and it reaches its peak with the colorful parade of flower carts on August 20, the largest public holiday in Hungary.
Civis Hotels Buchinger Fasting Camps 2007
Are you ready to pamper yourself for 8 days, and detoxify your body with the help of a diet specialist?
Sign up for one of the Civis Hotels camp dates below.
Developments on Debrecen International Airport
AIRPORT-DEBRECEN Ltd. completed further improvements on Debrecen International Airport, which welcomed over 40,000 visitors last year through its permanent Air border crossing point and duty line. One of the developments included increasing the available parking space, open free of charge to both departing and arriving travelers
The Great Church Debrecen
The symbol of the city, the Great Calvinist Church was built based on plans developed by József Thaler between 1805 and 1823. Today it provides an excellent venue for organ concerts and philharmonics
are also held in the gallery above the dome.
is located on the Hungarian Great Plains (Alföld
), 22 miles from the Romanian border and about 160 miles from Budapest.