August 28, 2007 - September 2, 2007
The Kecskemet and Area Multipurpose Association
was established on June 30, 2004, as the successor of the Kecskemet and Area Development and Local Government Association established in June 1996. Local governments of the following 18 localities joined forces in developing the region and helping their citizens succeed
: Agasegyhaza, Balloszog, Felsolajos, Fulophaza, Helvecia, Jakabszallas, Kecskemet, Kerekegyhaza, Kunbaracs, Ladanybene, Lajosmizse, Lakitelek, Nyarlorinc, Orgovany, Szentkiraly, Tiszakecske, Tiszaug, and Varosfold.
During the 10th Hiros Week Festival
running from August 28 to September 2, 2007, the above localities will introduce their produce and products, their agricultural goods and crafts, and report on their achievements in the past ten years through a photo and trophy display at the Horticulture Expo and Food Show
in the Ferenc Erdei Cultural Center (Erdei Ferenc Muvelodesi Kozpont
), Kecskemet, Deak ter 1.
As it has been the tradition for years, every day new localities will get a chance to introduce themselves. After a brief address by the local mayor, crafts exhibits, tasting of local produce, and cultural productions will introduce guests to the local treasures, as it follows:
- August 28, Tuesday: Balloszog and Jakabszallas
- August 29, Wednesday: Agasegyhaza, Fulophaza, and Orgovany
- August 30, Thursday: Kerekegyhaza, Helvecia, Kunbaracs
- August 31, Friday: Ladanybene, Lajosmizse, Felsolajos
- September 1, Saturday: Tiszakecske, Nyarlorinc
- September 2, Sunday: Szentkiraly, Tiszaug, Lakitelek
On Wednesday, August 29, between 3.00 and 6:00 PM
, a Micro-regional afternoon will be held on the Kecskemet Main Square stage
, with the participation of the following musical and dance groups:
- Boroka /Juniper/ Folk Song Choral Society (Agasegyhaza)
- Buzavirag /Corn-flower/ Folk Dance Group (Lajosmizse)
- Kecske Folk Dance Group (Tiszakecske)
- Kek Nefelejcs /Forget Me Not/ Zither Band (Tiszakecske)
- Kokeny /Blackthorn/ Zither Band (Kunbaracs)
- Nyarlorinc Pensioners Choral Society (Nyarlorinc)
- Pantlika /Ribbon/ Folk Dance Group (Kerekegyhaza)
- Shake Dance Group (Fulophaza)
- Szentkiralyi Dance Group (Szentkiraly)
- Szepkoruak Korusa /Choir of the Venerables/ (Tiszakecske)
- Oszi Szel /Autumn Wind/ Folk Song Choral Society (Fulophaza)
- “Oszirozsa” /Aster/ Club of the Venerables (Balloszog)
- “Oszirozsa” /Aster/ Folk Song Choral Society (Lajosmizse)
Kecskemet es Tersege Tobbcelu Tarsulas
/Kecskemet and Area Multipurpose Association/
6000 Kecskemet, Kossuth ter 1.
Tel.: 36-76/512-274; Fax: 36-76/513-538
Kecskemet es Tersege Informacios es Szolgaltato Kozpont
/Kecskemet and Area Information and Service Center/
6000 Kecskemet, Rakoczi u. 3.
Tel.: 36-76/504-780; Fax: 36-76/504-781
Hiros Week Festival Home
IFE Foodapest 2007 Press Release
IFE is the world’s leading brand of food exhibitions, with successful shows in Budapest Hungary, Miami America, New Delhi India, Warsaw Poland, Moscow Russia
as well as its famous flagship event that took place in London.
Foodapest is the leading biennial food event in the Balkan and Central European region
and has been running for 15 years.
EU Regions and Cities Open Days 2007
Book now for 'OPEN DAYS 2007 – European Week of Regions and Cities
' in Brussels from 8 to 11 October to make sure of your place at the biggest-ever edition of this event, the theme of which is MAKING IT HAPPEN - Regions and Cities deliver Growth and Jobs
Kecskemet Event Calendar 2007
Highlights from the 2007 event calendar of Kodaly's city, Kecskemet.
Horse Driving Competition in Kunszallas Hungary
To inaugurate the Somogyi Lajos Recreational Center’s new horse driving
field, Kunszallas hosts an outstanding equestrian event between August 24 and 26, 2007. This competition is also the final round of the Duna-Tisza Regional Championship for category “B” pairs and teams.