The Tisza Valley Visitor Center located near Lake Feher
), by Szeged
, is an information and orientation facility
that focuses on the protected natural values of the Lower Tisza region, the Pusztaszer
- and Martely Protected Landscapes
. Visitors participating on the guided tours
can get acquainted with the birdlife of the highly protected area
: on main road E75, @ km 157-158, near the Szatymaz cemetery
- Between April 1 and November 15
- Tuesday – Friday: 10.00 AM – 3.00 PM
- Saturday: 10.00 AM – 12.00 noon
: Krisztian Abraham, Education Adviser
Cell phone: +36-30-6380-297
” (Rendhagyo orak
) – lectures
- Pusztaszer Protected Landscape (protected values of the Tisza Valley).
- Global Warming (man’s role in the climate change and the attitudes toward the problem)
- Birdlife of Feher Lake Near Szeged
- The Planet You Are Made Of (environmental issues and nature conservancy problems and solutions)
- You Can Turn the World (the waste problem, selective waste disposal, consumer habits and lifestyle).
Suggested roster: one class, maximum 30-35 students.
Ages: grades 4 – 8 and high school.
On every one occasion, several 45-minute lectures may be scheduled consecutively, during school hours.
The lectures and discussions draw attention to crucial environmental issues, emphasizing what we can do to contribute to their solution.
Earth Day Events at the Tisza Valley Visitor Center
Date: Tuesday, April 22, 2008
, 10.00 AM – 3.00 PM
Opening: 10.00 AM; guided tours leave continuously
Location: Tisza Valley Visitor Center (Tisza-volgyi Bemutatohaz)
Access: from Szeged, on the transit bus leaving from Mars Square (ex. to Kistelek or Pusztaszer), approximately 15 min. on E5 towards Budapest, to the Szatymaz cemetery stop.
- Birding field trip and tour at Feher Lake
- Identifying Birds 101
- Environmental lectures, games, quizzes
- Know your bird sounds
- Environmental exhibit
- Slides and movies
- Presentation about selective waste collection
- Sales of environmental and nature conservancy publications, posters, videos, etc.
Bring your own binoculars, snacks, drinks, and field clothing.
The visitor center can provide telescopes.
Groups please call or e-mail in advance for an appointment.
Participation is free.
Guided field trips
- Lake Feher @ Szeged, Tisza Valley Visitor Center
- Lake Csaj (Csaj-to)
- Lake Peteri (Peteri-to) Nature Reserve
- Martely Protected Landscape
- Pusztaszer Bird Refuge
- Fall flight of the Common Crane (daruhuzas) on Lake Feher (October – November)
Appointments by phone. Programs last 2-4 hours.
- Students 500 HUF/tour
- Adults 700 HUF/tour
Kiskunsag National Park Directorate
Kiskunsagi Nemzeti Park Igazgatosag
Foltamadas u. 29
Krisztian Abraham, Education Adviser
Cell phone: +36-30-6380-297
Source: Kiskunsag National Park
Earth Day 2008 Online
How to ID Birds
A Report from birdtours.co.uk: Hungary 2 - 9 June 2001
, Ann Barker
Pusztaszer Protected Landscape Hungary
The Pusztaszer Protected Landscape
on the right bank of the Tisza River is one of the most expansive protected landscapes in Hungary